Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Climbing the GRAND! (Day 1)

Well really this was Day 2...but since Day 1 didn't include any climbing - just travelling. I am not counting that!

We left on Tuesday night at about 6pm. I worked that day - so we couldn't leave too early. Colby joked about doing a pack check, but that really wouldn't have been such a bad idea...



That is where we are going...pretty rough and treacherous looking! Beautiful weather though.


Becca and I were into the photo opps as much as we were getting up there..









So Colby asked us what kind of winter clothes we had and I said..."Winter clothes, what you talking about it is the middle of August"...needless to say, he insisted on getting some more layers. Jordan didn't even have a layer to go under his hiking pants...well I probably would have been OK w/o the extra polar fleece - but who knew. Colby had done it before and "He had never been that cold in his ENTIRE life".















Now I know you may think this was a modeling shoot...make no mistake, we didn't look this beautiful after the 1st day....(well maybe Becca did :)

No comments: