Monday, December 9, 2013

Hello family! I absolutley loved getting your email! That picture is so great! Now that I´m out in the field, I can´t really print stuff, so can you send me a copy in a letter? Also some other family pictures would be great. Speaking of that! Here is my address: Jose Manuel Pedregal 14 Escalera Derecha 4D Aviles 33401 España Group message: First week out in El Campo Misional(the mission field)! I´m very very excited to be here! I was very surprised when I heard that I was going to the North of Spain, as most missionaries stay in the Madrid area. It is gorgeous up here! I am in a little town called Aviles. When I say little, I mean about 80,000. Haha, not too little! But since everyone lives in appartments, it only takes about 30 minutes to walk from one side of the city to the other. It is very green up here! A little chilly as well! The weather here reminds me a lot of the north west, it rains pretty much every day, and is not sunny very often, but I love it! It is gorgeous, and I will need to send some pictures soon. My first few days out here have been pretty great, but really, really hard. I thought I knew quite a bit of Spanish my last week in the MTC, but I have realized that it is totally different talking to real people. I´m slowly getting the hang of it, but I now understand why return missionaries say don´t give up in the first few months. The work is going great! My companion is so good! His name is Elder Parkinson, and he is from Kaysville. He only has been out for 4 months, and he is already training! But I completley understand why. He is very good at the Language, and is a very hard worker. The church has a branch here, where there are about 20 active members. The members are so awesome! They help us out so much with everything we do! It is a little strange with some of our investigators, as I didn´t start out with them. It feels like I am just being put in the middle of someone elses lessons, but I am getting used to it. I will let you know next week more about that, but we have one investigator that commited to baptism on Friday, and another family where two of their children are pretty interested in the church. Once again, I will let you know more about them next week. I love teaching the gospel! And sharing something with other people that means so much to me! Tell Skyler congrats for me! I´m so excited for him! When does he leave? I´m so happy to have a family that supports me so much! My MTC companion, Elder Schwenke is in Alconbendas, just outside Madrid. And I am not sure if he is related to that football player. Thanks for everything family! I will keep in touch weekly! Elder Kaleb Rawlinson PS If you or anyone else needs to send a package, make sure to send it to the office. I am going to try and send a Christmas package back home, but I don´t think it will make it back by Christmas.

No comments: