Dear Family,
I want to start off by apologizing for the short email last week. Last Pday was very rushed! Congratulations to Donelle for her wedding! The pictures look great, and I am so glad to hear that she is happy! Those times when all of the family is together are always some of the best ones.
This week was pretty great! I will start off with a story about last Monday. We were going down to the south of the island to work down there, and after we had parked, I accidentaly locked the keys in the car! The feeling that I got when I closed the trunk, and I knew that the keys were inside was one of the worst feelings ever! Haha, we had to take a bus home, and then go back the next morning to get the key out before the meters started in the morning. Locksmiths are very expensive here, the cheapest one we could find was 140 euros, which would be almost 200 dollars. So, with the help of the new senior missionary, Elder Larson, we decided that the best solution would be to break the window. As brutal as that sounds, it ended up being only 65 euros, which was a whole lot better. (especially since I had to pay with my own money) That was one of the strangest incedents that has happened on my mission, and I don´t think that I will ever lock the keys in a car again. :)
Last night, we had a Family Home Evening with a Peruvian family in our ward. Kriss, who I don´t think I have told you about, is getting baptized this Saturday. His story is an interesting one, as he was baptized in Peru, but his record was lost somehow. So, he needs to be baptized again. He has been meeting with the missionaries for a while, but has recently commited to being baptized. Some of his cousins are also members, so we met with all of them last night. One of the aunts, Naty, invited one of their neighboors who is also named Natividad, and is also Peruvian. She is an older lady, who actually has three grandchildren who have served missions, but she doesn´t know too much about the church. She asked us why there are so many churches in the world, and why they all read the Bible in completely different ways. Haha, my companion and I immediatly knew that was the perfect question to teach her about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration. She told us that she would like to meet with us more, so we are excited to see her!
The Lord has really blessed me here in the Canary Islands! These are the last two weeks of the transfer, and there is a chance that I could stay here for another one, but it is more than likely that I will be leaving. The things that I have learned here, are things that I couldn´t have learned anywhere else, and it will be a little sad to leave. But I have two weeks left! I will try my best to enjoy these two weeks, and to help as many people as I can!
I love you family! I miss you tons! But, it is crazy how fast time flies here! I have seen it start to speed up, and it scares me a little bit. But, I love the mission, and all of the things that I have learned. I am always praying for you, and I hope that you have an amazing week!
Elder Rawlinson
No comments:
Post a Comment