Thursday, January 22, 2015

Futbol

Dear Family,

Well, things are going great! I will just start off with saying that the Atletico game was awesome! I am including some pictures, so you can see me in normal clothes. ;) The Atletico Stadium, El Vicente Calderón, is just barely on the outside of our area, on the other side of the river. The Real Madrid Stadium, El Santiago Bernabeu is on the North side of the city, and we are on the Southwest side. It was a great experience! And, just so you know, they won, 3-1. Also, I am atatching a picture of a little market that is here in our area, it´s called Ethan, and I thought chuck would enjoy it. :)

Well, to answer your other questions, we will start with Rodry. We have set another baptismal date with him for the 5th of December. It is really up for him to do his part, and we will be here ready for him to help him take the step. Like I have been asking recently, if you could keep him, and us, in your prayers, it would be great!

Adam is amazing! We had our first official lesson with him, and he might be one of the most prepared people I have seen! He used to be muslim, but now is really just looking for the truth. He has tried many different churches, and even said that he "tried out Athiesm for a while" The one thing that really impresses him about our church is that we encourage people to find answers for themselves. He said that every other church, or group of people in general, that he has seen has tried to convince him that they were right. It is really such an amazing promise that Moroni gives to us, that if we want to know the truth of anything, we can ask God. So, Adam is doing great! One of the only issues that we are having is that he is verrrrrrry busy, but we will do our best to help him progress!

I don´t want to say that it wasn´t a huge surprise that Simba passed away, but I had a feeling that he probably wasn´t going to make it two years when I left. I will always remember him as a great friend! He will go down in history as the coolest cat on the block. ;) I am also glad that he has someone there to kind of take his place.

To answer your other questions, no, I didn´t know any of the sisters who just went home very well. Also, I am very happy to hear that you are keeping updated on Lexi! We have actually been writing every week since I left, but I am very glad to hear that you are hearing from her.

Well, that´s about it! I love all of you!

Elder Rawlinson

PS If you could, it would be nice to have money on my card from home. There aren´t any big purchases I´m planning on making, but it is always nice to have it there just in case.




No comments: