Well, thanksgiving is not a huge thing out here in Spain, so we actually didn´t have a big feast. But, I did actually have a very cool Thanksgiving experience. As a mission, about two months ago, President Jackson asked us to start reading the Book of Mormon, so that we finish by December 23. So, last week, I was reading in Helaman, and I came to Helaman 12. One of my favorite things about the Book of Mormon, is that I can read a chapter, and just get a specific feeling about the message of that chapter. I know that it comes from the Spirit, and it always helps my testimony to grow so much. While I was reading Helaman 12, I just got the distinct feeling of gratefulness. It was so amazing! In this chapter, it proceeds to explain something that I like to call "The Book of Mormon Syndrome" The Nephites are always falling into iniquity, just years after they were converted. Why!?!?! It is because they aren´t suficiently grateful. If we feel true gratitude, and give thanks to God in every moment, he blesses us, and we will always remember his hand in our lives. We will avoid falling into the Nephite Cycle, and continually grow in humility and faith.
Well, the investigators are all going great! Rodry might be getting baptized this weekend, but it looks like he will need just a little more time. Thank you so much for the prayers on my behalf, and on his behalf as well. He has really progressed over the past couple of weeks, we just need to help him overcome a couple more doubts.
Thank you so much for all of the support that you give to me. Just a real quick favor that I could ask. Could you get a couple of emails of teachers that I randomly remembered this week. First, my english teacher in High School, Mrs. Gallagher, and then my Junior High Spanish teacher, Mr. Palmer.(The one that Ethan had in Junior High.) Thank you so much! They were an amazing influence in my life, and I want to let them know what is going on right now!
I love you, so much! This is the las week of the transfer, so I could be writing you next week from another area!
Love,
Elder Rawlinson
No comments:
Post a Comment