Tuesday, May 6, 2014

April 27, 2014

Hello there Familia! 

Just wanted to let you know that I did get the letter! Thank you so much, and it couldn´t have come at a better time! The day after I completed 6 months! Things are going pretty great here!

Here, they celebrate La Semana Santa (Holy Week) So, all of the kids were off of school. It was pretty much like their spring break, so there were quite a few people out of town. Among trying to find new investigators, as always, we have started to work more with the members in the ward. We have such a good ward here! Just yesterday, we drove out a couple minutes towards the mountains to visit a member named Francisco. He is 80 years old, and him and his wife are members of about 20 years. He is an amazing person that knows so much about.. well, everything! It was great to visit him and talk about the savior with a faithful member of the Church on Easter. 

One concept that I have learned a little bit more of over this Easter Week, is that Christ lives. It is something that I had always heard my whole life, but not really thought about what that really means. Being in a catholic country, there are quite a few people that have their crosses, and we have talked to some that are curious why our church doesn´t have any crosses or images of the death of the Savior. The reason why we don´t, is because we focus on his resurrection. Yes, he died, but more importantly, he was resurrected! This has so many implications for us. Him, being the first to receive this great privilege, then gave it to each and every one of us. Jesus Christ lives. I know that. I know that more right now than I have ever before. I know that he directs this church through revelation to his prophet Thomas S. Monson. I love Him, and I love you.

Thank you so much for everything you do for me.
¡Os quiero! Que Dios os bendiga.

Élder Rawlinson


PS. In the name Lucia, the accent would be on the ci. I hope that she is doing good! I would love to see some more pictures of here!

No comments: