Tuesday, May 6, 2014

March 24, 2014



Hey Family! Looks like there are lots of cool things going on at home! Congrats Dad on the ordination! I know that you and Mom will both do so amazing at your callings. 

The past week has been pretty good out here in the Islands! We are getting ready to have two baptisms on Saturday, and I will let you know how that goes next week. Haha, you are right that I always try to be positive about the mission in the emails. Like you already now, the mission is incredibly difficult, and I guess that it would be helpful to share some difficulties with you as well. Actually, right now, me and my companion are going through some rough times with our investigators, so we are spending some more time out in the street looking for more. This is something that is very hard for me at times. Naturally, I am not a very outgoing person, and speaking in another language that I don´t feel entirely comfortable in makes it a little worse. Slowly by slowly, I am overcoming my difficulty, but it is very hard some days. For me, one thing that gives me comfort are the words of Moroni in Ether 12. God gives us weakness so that we can become strong. If we come unto him he will show us what our weakness is and how we can defeat it. Keep me in your prayers, because at times, I could really use the strength.

Don´t let me get down though!!! Because with all of the hard times, come rewarding results! The mission has made me so happy! And I can hardly believe that it is almost a quarter of the way done. Good luck on the country report Devin! You have picked the best country to talk on! If there is one cultural thing that is prevalent here, it is fútbol! It is the thing that unites and divides people that have never even seen each other before. In fact, the Real Madrid, Barcelona game was on last night, and just let me tell you, people LOVE their team.

With love,

Your son and brother,
Élder Kaleb Rawlinson 


No comments: