Tuesday, May 6, 2014

First Baptism in Canaries

My dearest Familia,

Well, I´m not sure if I let you know about it before, but I had my first baptism in the Islas Canarias on Saturday! Haha, it was so awesome! Her name is Laura, and she is the younger sister of a recently activated member named Fabio. Their family is from Portugal, but they have lived in different parts of Spain for the past 8 years or so. He was baptized about that long ago, but lost contact with the church. When they moved to Vecindario 6 months ago, they spent a couple of those months not going to church. In January, Fabio was walking down the street in front of the chapel, and saw the my old companion and his comp walking down the street. He faintly recognized them, and felt like he needed to talk to them. He then started his reactivation, and now is the member that helps the missionaries the most. He is such an amazing person, and so is his sister. She absolutely loved her baptism, and will be such a good member!

Élder Gentry and I are making good progress as well, finding new investigators, and committing others to baptism. We have learned even more the importance of obedience, as we set goals to be better. We can see the blessing that are coming, and we are so happy! I absolutely love working with Elder Gentry, and I look forward to serving even more people with him! 

I am having a great time here, and I am learning soooo much! I can´t even tell you! It sure is difficult, but I love it! It was very weird hitting 6 months a couple weeks ago, and I don´t know about you, but I can see time starting to speed up!

So, I have a little bit of news. Not sure if it is bad. But, remember a couple of weeks ago when you sent me those tax forms? I put the copies on a flash drive, and sent them to you, but after that, I believe that I have lost the flash drive. I have been a little worried about that, and praying and looking for it all over the place. It has not turned up, so I have a feeling that someone took it. I don´t know if there is anything we can do about that, but I thought that it would be good to let you know. I was a little worried, as those forms have my SSN on them.

Well, on that note, it was good to talk to you guys! I love you all so much, and cant wait to see you in 17 months!

Élder Rawlinson

PS So, in that package that you are sending, along with the CD of the classical MoTab music and that tie, could you also send me a CD with the music from conference on it? I was especially pleased with the music that was performed, so it would be great to have a copy. Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments: