Sunday, June 29, 2014

Dear Family,

A week of miracles! Well, every week there are miracles, I guess it was just easier to see them this week. Things are indeed progressing with Damian and Solange. This week, we talked with them about baptism, and all three of them expressed that they would like to be baptized. :) One of the coolest feelings ever. It will be a little harder for Damian and Solange, as they need to be married before they can get baptized, but Damian´s sister, Nadia can be ready very soon to be baptized. She will be moving to Argentina with her parents in July, but has said that she wants to be baptized before. She has come to church the past two weeks, and it is very cool to see her progress. Well, the whole family in fact! Damian and Solange have a goal to be married as soon as they can, which will probably be in Argentina. They as well want to move back to Argentina sometime this summer, which is something so bittersweet for us, just because we wouldn´t be able to see them get baptized and married. But, that really isn´t important, what is important is that they are growing closer to christ, and will be baptized one day. Teaching them has really helped me to see the importance of Families to God. He really does love our families, and gives us the Gospel to strengthen our families here on Earth, and give us the ability to live with them forever after this earthy experience.

Other than that, we are working on finding quite a bit, like always! This month is the month of invitation here in Spain, and it is cool to see the effort put in by the members to help find people to teach. Elder Gentry spoke in churchyesterday, and I will be speaking this week, so wish me luck!

The birthday was awesome! Haha, he totally surprised me with the cake. He wasn´t able to get the baby picture on it, but it really is the thought that counts. Haha, it was cool to see that you guys were thinking of me as well that day, through a picture of me years ago. :)

Only two weeks left in this transfer, and I really hope that I don´t go! I love being here and serving the people of the canary islands. 

I love you! And I thank you for all that you do for me!

Your son and brother,
Élder Rawlinson

No comments: