I hope that things in Chicago are going great! I would love to see some pictures!
First off, wish a happy birthday to Ethan! Happy birthday E! I hope that everything is going good on your big 15! I can hardly believe that you are already 15, time goes by so fast! Have fun getting your permit, and be careful on the roads!
So, I haven´t gotten the package yet, but I am excited to get it sometime this week! This week has been good out here! We haven´t had the car for the last little while, but we should be getting it sometime this week. Haha, so we have been "real" missionaries for the past couple of weeks. Getting plenty of exercise and sun. Just wanted to tell you real quick about an experience that we had this week. About three weeks ago, we met a guy named Damian in the hair cutter´s. He is 23 years old and from Argentina, he has a daughter named Emily, and he lives with his girlfriend named Solange. When we met, he told us that he had been to our church a couple of times while he was living in Argentina years ago. He was very willing to meet with us, and as we started to teach him, we realized that he had a lot of desires to know God. He didn´t have a huge religous backround, but he has a lot of faith, and is very humble. Before this week, we didn´t see his girlfriend, as she works all day everyday, and he stays home with Emily. Since he is at home all day, we can visit him pretty much any time of the day. On saturday, we were going to visit him just after lunch, but we were invited to a town up in the mountains to eat lunch with a member. That went a little longer than usual, so we decided to pass by Damian a little latter. When we got to his house, Solange there! She had gotten off of work early just for Saturday to be home with Damian, and we got there only a few minutes after her! We were able to teach both of them about Joseph Smith again, and she had a very good experience! She says she has seen a change in Damian, and that she as well interested in the Book of Mormon. We have talked to them about marraige, but it will be very difficult for them. We will be with them as we continue to teach them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.This experience really helped me to see the way that God knows what needs to happen. He knew that we needed to meet with Solange, and provided us with the way to do it.
Other than that, things are going very good here! I am happy to be out serving the Lord, and very grateful for all of the blessings that he gives me every day. I love all of you, and hope that you are enjoying life back in the States!
Love,
Élder Rawlinson

No comments:
Post a Comment