Dear Family,
Sounds like things are going great out there in Utah! Keep on keepin´on! Know that I am always praying for all of you,
First, I will answer Dad´s question about the Economy. Things are still difficult. I haven´t seen much improvement in my time here. Many of the Latin immigrants that came here in the early 2000s are now going home. If someone has work, it is usually a lot of strict hours, or not enough. One unique thing about here in Madrid. There are quite a few Chinese people! Haha, it is something that I didn´t even think about before coming on the mission, but aparently they are actually a growing demographic. I will need to take some pictures of a neighborhood here in our area called Usera. It is practically a Chinatown! Many don´t speak spanish or english very well, so as missionaries, we don´t have to much success with them.
I´m not sure if I have told you about him, but we have an investigator named Diego. He is from Ecuador, and is about 25 years old. He works in a Military base, so he is only home about 2 or 3 days a week. We had lost contact with him for a few weeks, but found him in the street on Wednesday night. He was sent to Zaragoza, another city here in Spain, for work and had gotten back that day. Since, we have been able to meet with him and set a baptismal date. He is awesome! He has desires to really know if our church is true. We will keep helping him to get ready for October. It´s so amazing to see people that are really prepared to listen to the gospel.
In other news, we recieved transfer information on Saturday, and I´m staying here for 6 more weeks! Haha, that´s not to surprising, as I just got here. But, the bigger surprise is that I found out that I will be district leader this transfer. Ahhhh! I freaked out a little when I got the news! But, I am very excited to serve the district. There are new responsibilities, but a whole new set of blessings! But, just to be sure, keep me in your prayers. ;)
Well, I´m just about out of time, oh, here is a picture of the chapel!
Love you all!
Élder Rawlinson

No comments:
Post a Comment