Sunday, October 5, 2014

Middle of August

Dear Family,

Well, back to school! Wow, I can hardly believe it! Three siblings in three different schools! Haha, fun stuff. How much you guys are growing up! Haha, keep it up Ethan! I know its hard, but practice is really what you need to learn a language. A lot of the stuff that I learned in the MTC didn´t really make sense until I was practicing out in the field. Keep going!

This week has been awesome! Yesterday was an especially good day. First, I have a little bit of an interesting story to tell. We were at an investigators house after church, and he offered us some juice. That sounded like greatly needed relief to the hot Madrid day. As I took a sip, I imediatley realized that something was wrong. Haha, it was tea! Whooops!!! Oh well, we had no idea, and it turned into a pretty good opporitunity to teach the Word of Wisdom.

Later in the afternoon, we passed by a member´s house that we had found in the ward list. His name is Ángel, and he is 15. We didn´t find any family members, and we were really confused. As we went to knock on the door, his older sister, named Erika, walked out and said, "Oh, you must be looking for my brother." As we got to know the two of them, we found out that he is the only member in his family, and that they had just barely gotten back yesterday from being in Bolivia for the summer. Erika expressed that it has been hard since they got back, and that we should pray for them. Us, being missionaries, thought, "We can do more than just pray." :) We offered to come back and share a message with both of them, and she agreed with enthusiasm! We will be visiting with them this week, and we are very excited!

Oh, another thing! On Tuesday night, the zone leaders called us and said that we would be going to the Temple the next morning. When I found that out, I just about screamed with excitement. The temple!!! It was the first time I had been since the MTC in November, and it was amazing! The temple really is the house of the Lord, and I felt that right when I walked in the doors.

Later that day, we had a farewell for two of the missionaries serving in the ward. Both of them had finished their time out in the mission, left for the mission home on Thursday. One of the missionaries is Elder Anderson. I don´t remember if I said anything about him in up in Avilés, but he was my first district leader. He is from Ogden, but was baptized about a year and a half before his mission. His story reminds me a lot of Austin Fietkau, as he always went to scouts, but never was interested. Elder Anderson is such a great example to me of dedication, and taught so much to me in my first few weeks in the field. It was hard to see him go, but I am really grateful to our Heavenly Father for providing me with such great examples in the mission and in life.

Well, that´s about it! It was an awesome week, and I am very excited for this week! I love you family, and if there is anything you need, I am just an email away.

Love,
Élder Rawlinson.

No comments: