Sunday, October 5, 2014

Love the food!!!



Dear Family,

Another great week out here in Madrid! Many good things to report! 

This Saturday, we were invited by investigators of another companionship to eat with them. Haha, that doesn´t happen too often, but missionaries are never people to turn down food. They brought us to a Bolivian restaurant, and I have to say. That was some great food! I had a dish called Silpancho, which was rice and a fried pork with vegetables and potatoes. Woah!!! It was amazing, and I could hardly eat all of it! I have to say, that is one of the most unique things about serving in Spain. We eat food from so many different countries! I have had food from Honduras, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, and The Canary Islands(which is different than the rest of Spain.) and even more countries! And then, of course, food from Spain. It is great, but there is one problem, I can´t choose a favorite type of food!

Haha, spiritually, the week was also fantastic. :) We have started teaching a new family, and they are from the Dominican Republic. We met the mom, Benni, last week, and were able to finally meet with her this week. When we got there, we invited everyone else to listen, and her husband, son, and son in law came to listen to the Restoration. It was so awesome! They asked some amazing questions, and were also very funny. When started talking about prophets, Beni´s son, Mariano asked us what were "false prophets". His brother in law immediately said. "When you tell me that you love me, I know that you are lying, and that would make you a false prophet." Haha, it was hillarious to see two full grown men joking around like two 14 year olds! Haha, but that is one thing that I have noticed about Dominicans, they love to take life easy, and have fun while they are at it! 

One thing that I tried to apply in that lesson was some advice that the APs had given us in Zone Conference last week. They said, "Every time you tell someone about the Restoration, make sure that you tell them how it has changed your life." It´s really true, the Restoration has changed all of our lives. As I expressed how I felt, I could really see the grand effect of that first prayer Joseph Smith. Because of one boy´s humble desire to know the nature of Christ´s church, the fulness of the gospel was restored to the Earth. How great is our calling as missionaries!

Also, we were able to bring Rodry to a Family Home Evening with some members last night. It was awesome! It was really cool to see how the members really brought him in. That is what we are focussing on the most with him right now, developing his relationship with the members, so that he doesn´t feel alone as he takes this big step.

Well, that´s about it for this week. Oh, one favor. Dad, do you have our priesthood line of authority? If so, I could definitley use a copy. Thank you so much Mom and Dad! I love you so much!

Élder Rawlinson

PS. Here in Madrid, pretty much everyone lives in Apartments, (A piso here in España) I will try and get a photo of the chapel sometime this week!

No comments: