Dear Family,
I will work on getting the pictures during the next week! I am definitley not in a place that is as naturally beautiful as the islands, but I will work on getting pictures. Also, we are planning on going to Toledo next week, and I will definitley get a ton of pictures when we go over there.
This week has been fantastic! We were able to set a date with Rodry, the investigator that I mentioned last week. We will be working hard to get him ready for the baptism. He is about 35 years old, and he is from Ecuador. He has been putting in his part to be baptized. He has fasted this week, and been studying in order to resolve his doubts, so our job will be to help him realize how ready he is.
We are also teaching a part member family. The dad, who is a member is named Daniel, and he is from Ecuador. His wife(soon to be!) is Fatima, and she is from Honduras. They have been meeting with missionaries for a while, but they are really starting to take coming to church and getting married seriously. I have been seeing them progress, and their joy has really been increasing. On Friday, we met with them, and Daniel shared a very neat experience. We had finished the lesson, and asked them if they needed anything. Daniel then told us about a dream that he had. He said that the dream was an answer to a prayer and a decision that he made, and he wanted a little help understanding it. It included this scripture: D&C 82:10
"I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."
As he shared this divine experience he had, the import of this scriptural phrase really hit me. The Lord WILL bless us when we try our best. He answered the prayer of Daniel, and he will answer our prayers.
This week we had a tri-zone conference at the Manzana del Templo (Temple Square, not Temple Apple.) The APs focused on the section 11 of D&C and talked about desires. They gave a time for everyone to think of examples in the scriptures of people recieving acording to their desires. I immediatly thought of 1 Kings 3. We talked about this story in Seminary in 11th grade. Where Solomon becomes king, and desires help from the Lord to be able to judge righteously. He is given that ability, as it is a righteous desire. The APs also invited us to always remember the day of our mission call. When we could feel our desire. After that meeting, I have really tried to do that. Always remember that amazing feeling I had the day I got my call.
Well, I´m glad to hear that everyone is OK after the thunderstorm! If you could try sending those pictures in a different format, I would love to see them, but I didn´t see them this time.
Alright, thats about it for this week. I love you!
Que Dios os bendiga.
Élder Rawlinson
No comments:
Post a Comment